Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #92 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
If it wasn't for Iha being their guitarist you wouldn't have been able to tell them from the rest of the 90s alternative rock scene. Not to say Iha made them mindblowingly different he just set them apart. They still weren't much different than some stuff on Loveless I really don't see how they were so super original and singular like you're all making them out to be.
You say all of the 90s alt rock scene, I say I can't think of ONE f*cking band from that scene that sounded like the Pumpkins. My Bloody Valentine? Is that the best you can come up with? Thats freaking hillarious. Just because a band is influenced by someone dosen't mean they are ripping them off, the Pumpkins sound nothing like My Bloody Valentine.

Quote:
as for the Corgan point his voice may be unique in itself but his whiny/scream vocal styling was a 90s trademark.
And as I already said that is an incredibly vague term, it can apply to everyone from Robert Plant to Johnny Rotten to any Emo band singer.

Have you considered that maybe thats just the way Corgan sings? I asked you a simple question, who sounded like Billy Corgan before Billy Corgan? You have yet to give a straight answer.

Quote:
Okay this is relevant how? I didn't even compare Elliott to the Smashing Pumpkins or bring him up in this thread once.
You bring Led Zeppelin up all the time so why not? You're obsessed with the guy and you're making it out now that in order to be a credible artist you HAVE to be original.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-24-2008 at 06:00 PM.