Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #94 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

Don't remember age.

Started out with pop(the ones on MTV) and NU-metal.(absolutely in love with SOAD espicially). Along with various MTV/NU metal stuff, add in Iron maiden and Metallica somewhere in there.(one of the very first metal bands i listened to...not the first though)

Then moved onto more 90's rock...Nirvana, AiC, Pearl Jam, sound garden, STP, smashing pumpkins, RHCP, RATM, Blink182 etcetc. Lots of good times ova here.(although i overdid almost every freaking band here espicially RHCP, Nirvana and pearl jam)

The rest of the stuff though, just came in one go.
Classic rock, jazz, metal with all its sub-genres(a GIGANTIC list here), indie rock, punk and most importantly Progressive Rock/metal(ya...i like prog. metal as much as prog. rock) all came relatively in a short span of time. 19 rite now.

I still don't listen to some genres-
Rap/Hip-hop: I have actually listened to almost all the so called 'best' rappers(mainly the ones on MTV). Just didn't like the genre all that much. I like the Nas, Immortal technique and Fort minor albums i own though.(just don't listen to it atm...lost interest for now). But thats about it...i have totally-three albums in this entire genre.

Country-Yuck no! hate it...don't know when it'll change though.

Most of the pop stuff on MTV.

Some of the ____core/punk stuff...hate emo and NU metal especially.

Last edited by Demonoid; 05-20-2008 at 06:40 AM.