Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Club
Thread: Album Club
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #65 (permalink)
Strummer521
Pepper Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Mmm, the main reason as to why I didn't like this album is because it was, dare I say it, dull and rather dreary. I mean, as far as song-writing and instrumentation goes, there wasn't anything particularly good about either of those two aspect. Lyrically, it was average, and musically, I just simply found it, as I said, dull and dreary. The thing that really annoyed me was the fact that there was not a single track on the album that stood out at all, and in fact I found it very hard to even denunciate between that different songs, as they seemed to all sound the exact same. And the vocals were bordering on just plain annoying to me during some tracks such as Apple Orchard.
I mean, I guess I could see how this might be something nice to listen to a nice summers night as some one already said, but for me personally, I find it hard to get through the whole album straight through without getting just annoyed or bored and turning it off.

Fair enough, but do you see how what you've written could be about any album if we didn't know better? For starters, what about the vocals was annoying? I think that's something which really needs clarification, because I don't see the vocals as conventionally inacessable in any way.