Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #587 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

I could have easily "bitched", as you would put it, about a broader scope of civil rights. However, my focus here is on the incompetence and corruption of the U.N. It appears the people that posted here were mainly concerned with the pedophilia and abuse of young women. As you know, that in itself could have easily been the main topic here. Like I implied just earlier, my motives are not purely political or purely ethical; the bottom line is the UN and its laundry list of unsolved global issues.
Think what you will, but the civil rights issues you speak of are more "overgeneralized unorganized jumble" than my "bitching" on the specific topic of the United Nations and its incompetence.
What I don't quite understand is your interpretation of my original post and linking it to following an anti-government conformity. You characterize my non-politically driven opinion as some sort of "trend" of cliche civil disobedience. I understand your skepticism, because I feel the same way. But the fact that you think I made this thread to look cool shows a lot about your cynicism; it's not healthy. Not everyone is motivated by trends or anti-trends. Believe it or not, people actually have opinions and live with it. Don't bundle people into groups without accepting individuality does actually exist.