Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #588 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

FYI, I don't participate in campaigns or town hall meetings. I don't contribute money to Unicef or Red Cross or Feed The Children. Like most American citizens, I have grown skeptical of political campaigns and nonprofit organizations, because of rare, isolated (but well exploited) incidents of scandal. Dont blame me, blame media and Hollywood for negatively portraying the process I take advantage of everyday. However, I don't participate in protests or childish variations of civil disobedience neither. To me, government is not something to hate or love, it's something that is unfortunately necessary because of the limits of human decency. Anarchy is not plausible, that's obvious (at least to me). I am quite interested in politics, as an observer not as a participant. Is it crazy to think that people are entitled to form opinions about such politics? Nothing says we all have to agree. And, nothing says we have to do anything about it.