Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #591 (permalink)
All_Nite_Dinah
Not Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
FYI, I don't participate in campaigns or town hall meetings. I don't contribute money to Unicef or Red Cross or Feed The Children. Like most American citizens, I have grown skeptical of political campaigns and nonprofit organizations, because of rare, isolated (but well exploited) incidents of scandal. Dont blame me, blame media and Hollywood for negatively portraying the process I take advantage of everyday. However, I don't participate in protests or childish variations of civil disobedience neither. To me, government is not something to hate or love, it's something that is unfortunately necessary because of the limits of human decency. Anarchy is not plausible, that's obvious (at least to me). I am quite interested in politics, as an observer not as a participant. Is it crazy to think that people are entitled to form opinions about such politics? Nothing says we all have to agree. And, nothing says we have to do anything about it.

So if you dont donate your time or money. Dont participate in any elections. Dont take part in any form of protest of dissent. And still take advantage of the system your suppose to be opposing what do you do? No official is going to red this message board and say "WOOW that kid is pissed we better cut it out!" All your doing is bitching about something rather than taking action about it. By sitting there taking advantage of this life you lea without so much as lifting a finger to change our political climate you are alowing this kind of thing to happen. I think its outrageous that someone can say there interested in observing poilitics, but not actualy do anyhing and then whine about the outcome. Then hide behind the excuse that "it dosnt matter because there all corrupt" so they dont actualy have to do anything. Its like all these people running around with anti facist anto nazi patches that dont mean **** becase they would never confront a nazi or just whine about facism. Bansky said it best "Just because you dress like a revolutionary dosn't mean you dont have to act like one" Fact is if you want stuff to change your going to have to get off your ass and participate. Its especially outrageous when you call me apathetic when youopenly admit you dont participate in politics other than whine about stuff on a bi monthly basis.

As for the original topic
This is acctualy a very cliche topic. The U.N. has been flying around the world exploiting third world countries for fun and profit for over 20 years now. Its just sad that no one ever takes notice untill one of these posts about he newest atrocity appears periodicly on there message board or in there e-mail. I agree thie world we live in is full of and run by crap. And the UN is a failed supervising body. The top 5 in the UN dont care about whats going on around the world because they are cashing in on something while it happens. Be it war diamonds or cocaine. I think Im more frustrated with the fact that half the people reading this are completly ignorant to these kinds of things. Well SUPRISE! This stuff goes onaround the world everyday. Africa has become a giant mine for prying eyes to exploit at any chance they can. Latin america is plagued with kidnappings rapes and virtual femicide. Puerto Rico faces retaliation of bombs whenever they refuse to join our glorious union. The UNITED STATES is sending troops over seas to fight for freedom and democracy when families dont even make enough to feed themselves. And through it all everyone chooses to remain entirley a political. Read about it in a paper talk about it on the internet, accuse others of being nazis because there fed up up with all the talk and none of the action, eat dinner go to sleep repeat repeat repeat. Im no republican, never have been and never will be but Im no democrat either. And I think its funny that your sitting there accusing me of being in the wrong when you dont know what I stand for. I've seen what you stand for you stand for bitching and not taking action. I on th other hand will take my time to drive to a protest or take part ni town hall meetings hell even a school board meeting can change alot of the problems you see in your school.

DEATH TO FALSE DUDES!
All_Nite_Dinah is offline   Reply With Quote