Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #594 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jane
And as it happens, I disagree that Hookers is just bitching, he's putting the issue out there for discussion, not in a politics forum but in a music one, to some people who might not ever have otherwise known about the issue. If it gets people thinking for themselves, then well done.
*ding ding ding

All Nite Dinah, the bottom line is that I had no political agenda in creating this thread. I didn't want people to read this and go out and burn down the UN and protest. This is a music board, and the only time I saw a "political" discussion here was when I first joined a few months ago. I figured we needed a change of pace in the lounge. Forgive me for being cliche and "apathetic." What do you do at town hall meetings and protests? You voice an opinion. What am I doing here? Stating an opinion. Obviously not the same outlet, but the incentive is the same. I just wanted to create a new thread for discussion, don't crucify me for not trying to be a hero.