Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 09:42 AM   #595 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Nite_Dinah
So if you dont donate your time or money. Dont participate in any elections. Dont take part in any form of protest of dissent. And still take advantage of the system your suppose to be opposing what do you do? Fact is if you want stuff to change your going to have to get off your ass and participate. Its especially outrageous when you call me apathetic when youopenly admit you dont participate in politics other than whine about stuff on a bi monthly basis.
I'm sorry, I would never participate in a protest. Protests are a joke to me, sorry if that offends you. I see these protests, and there's contradiction within the tacky signs alone. Obviously a large group of people will have different ideologies, I don't have the patience to subside that to stand around with a corny sign on the street corner.
How can you participate in campaigning for a candidate? That's f*cked up. Sorry. You have to look at politicians as another occupation. They want to keep their job, bottom line! These campaigns, especially on the higher level, are so tampered and pampered and well-rehearsed, it's nothing more than a play. I vote in elections, FYI. That's the bare minimum of taking part in the democratic process.
I don't throw money around. I can rant about my two jobs and rent and what have you, blah blah. I don't put money where I cannot see the exact result of that donation.

So how much difference are you making? People are still dying, getting raped, starving, and wrongly imprisoned. At least we are aware, and not ignorant to the facts.