Music Banter - View Single Post - The Case For/ The Case Against..
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #77 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
I was waiting for you to show up

1. An interesting point but it's one that, i at least, can't really argue against. I don't know what Kurt wanted Nirvana to be. Obviously the production of Nevermind would never have happened if he didn't approve to some degree but then they went back to a more messy approach of production with In Utero. One thing i do know though is that Bleach definitely had the songs. About a Girl, Love Buzz, Mr Moustache, Swap Meet, all bloody catchy, the production doesn't hinder this at all.

2. I love my pop, but i also love albums that challenge me as well. Bleach is somewhere inbetween (i realise challenging isn't the perfect word here but you get what i mean). I don't care about aims, that's what i like so obviously i'm going to be more attracted to Bleach ('cos it has great songs as well remember).

3. Oooo you're winding me up telling me to listen to songs i've been listening to for years! Lounge Act has no bang, it's them on auto. At least Territorial Pissings was fun. I'm sure it sounds great live but on record naaa.

I still like Nevermind, i just thought it would be more fun to do a case against. It's not as brilliant as everyone thinks, for me at least there are too many little problems.
I actually agree that it is not brilliant, but it's still really damn good all the same. And c'mon, I don' care how many times you've listened to lounge act, I'ma keep asking you to listen to it until you like it - because it's the shiz!
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote