Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #112 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Well...I liked N Sync and Backstreet Boys when I was tiny, but when they died out, I stopped liking them.

12 years old: My first album was ... sadly ... Green Day American Idiot...listened to it a lot. Then I got the International Greatest Hits or whatever for Green Day.

13: On Xmas my uncle got me The Clash, considered one of the greatest punk albums ever. First time I listened to it...I thought it all sounded the same. After awhile of listening to it, I got hooked. I started to get pissed off because my grades were dropping and everything was sucking and my mood swings (from hormones) kicked in. I got Never Mind the Bollocks, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, and London Calling, and I became a kid with a bunch of old punk albums.

14. My friends started to get into music, and I got an iPod for my birthday. I tore threw my fathers cd collection for great bands. I got the Blue Album by the Beatles and listened to it a lot. Actually a TON! Also listened to some Queen (stopped eventually) and The Who.

I stopped listening to as much punk and listened a lot of Beatles. I got the Red Album, Abbey Road, White Album, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, early stuff, in that order. I got George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" and became in love with Harrison music as well.

15: My friend started burning a ton of cd's from another one of our friends who's dad used to work for a radio show. So he had a HUGE number of albums, over 17 days worth of music. My friend gave me a bunch of burned cd's. I first downloaded the Pink Floyd and said to myself "What slow garbage" and gave up on them for a few months, listened to some Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton and Cream (love em), Hendrix, some others. I love and still dig the Psychedelic Pop/Rock sound. Listening to some new age, like Ween, Beck, and Flaming Lips. I eventually liked Pink Floyd...a ton. Listened to Syd Barrett as well...fricking genius.

16: Well only been a few weeks (June 5th is my birthday) so yeah, the same.