Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite British Invasion band?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Wouldn't it just be easier to seperate the "british invasion" by waves? You know.

The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks, Yardbirds, The Animals, The Zombies, Dave Clark Five, The Moody Blues, Donovan = First wave

Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Yes, King Crimson, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Queen, Genesis = Second wave.

The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Buzzc*cks, Joy Division, Elvis Costello, The Fall, Gang of Four, Wire = Third wave.

The Smiths, The Cure, The Police, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Echo & the Bunnymen = Fourth wave.

Stone Roses, My Bloody Valentine, Primal Scream, Happy Mondays = Fifth wave, actually I wouldn't call this one an invasion.

Radiohead, Blur, Oasis, Suede, Pulp, Supergrass, The Verve, Portishead, Aphex Twin, Massive Attack, Stereolab = Sixth wave.

Muse, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, Lilly Allen, whatever else you guys have, I'm not keeping track anymore = Seventh wave, the dark ages.

Man, you brits really do kick our asses at this whole music thing. Well, you did until now.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote