Music Banter - View Single Post - Your age and the song that REALLY hooked you onto music?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Jeeeez... what got me INTO music... it's a little embarassing what you come up with - what you liked when you were a kid. This could really be a multi-answer question... depending on what kind of hooked we're talking about. Here are a few moments of my personal music history...

Highway To The Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
I loved Top Gun when I was a kid. This was the big song in Top Gun.... I used to sit next to my TV while it was playing and hold my Talk Boy up to the speakers to record this song. I'd listen to it at a childcare thing we had called Latchkey before school started.

Brain Stew - Green Day/Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
The song that got me into what I'd consider... my "beginning to explore" phase. Also the first time where I sat around with friends and listened to music. We all had bootleg copies of "Insomniac" the Green Day album that contained this song. With these same friends, we also rented Wayne's World and really started to get into Bohemian Rhapsody.

We Are the Champions - Queen
I was a kid when Mighty Ducks 2 came out - and all of the actors who I adored in the movie broke out into this song at the end of the movie around a campfire... then you hear Freddie take over as the credits roll. Beautiful.

Goddamnit - Alkaline Trio
Yes, this is an album... but... it is what got me out of mainstream **** that I had gotten sucked into (Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin Park) when I was in 6th grade.