Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #116 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Early 1960's (5-8 years old) Whatever English Jazz and Blues records Mom and Dad played across the pond.

Later 1960's (9-13) The Bryds, Beatles, Yardbirds, Cream etc

Early 1970's (13-15) Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, The Who, still Beatles, Clapton, Queen etc.

Mid 1970's (16-18) Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Neil Young etc a lot of singer songwriters and folk music enters my world also I go through a big Clash phase.

Late 1970's (19-22) Velvet Underground, Zeppelin, the Who are the big three along with Morrison in this era, Stevie Wonder and Buddy Holy phases in here somewhere, new influences creeping in.

1980's: The Cure, Elvis Costello and Joe Jackson are major bright spots, The Smiths peak my interest but never get me fully on board enjoy some Metallica also. Late eighties I enjoy me some Country music.

1990's: Pearl Jam has some nice albums, radiohead comes along, weezer, sublime impress me as does Ben Harper and 311 and a young band called Incubus.

Present: Still nothing major this decade; Jack Johnson had a few good albums but now seems to be lame, A lot of good albums here or there, Radiohead and incubus crap out a little and commercial rap and hypersonic teeny pop idols are the rage. Still got Zeppelin, Morrison and the Who.