Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #35 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

18. Snoop Dogg

Most Overrated Album: Doggystyle
Most Overrated song: Gin & Juice

It was around 1998 and my son was probably 14 years old when he came home with Snoop's first No Limit LP the ill-fated near career killer "Da Game is to be sold not to be told" I thought Doggy Style was a pretty good album and probably actually prefer Tha Doggfather, which has good beats and catchy lyrics. However this monstrosity was another story. This abortion of an album got off to a somewhat promising start, but then top sharp turn don't horrible music avenue. Featuring the traditional canine-inspired songs like "Woof", "Tru Tank Dogs" and "Doggz gonna get ya" There are now fewer then two instances where the phrase "bow-wow muther fuker" is used.

What makes it worse is that he also drug (or is it dragged) the good name of his former work through the mud proving that sequels always suck. "Gin and Juice II" and "Still a G Thang" are among the most embarrassing tracks ever. I guess it should have been expected after all it was Master P and No Limit who emerged from the aftermath of the Big and Pac drama on top the popular Rap world and almost singly handedly ruined the genre, still you'd expect better from Snoppy.

Now all of this would be forgivable if Snoop learned his lesson. He should have bolted from No Limit and begged Dre to help him recapture the Magic but instead he produced two more duds with No Limit and is now up to seven straight albums ranging from insignificant to atrocious. He even lost a $hit talking contest with Bill O'Reilly. All of this and yet he is still revered as either a great emcee or an innovator. What's the dizzle with that shizzle?
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote