Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #40 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Springsteen hasn't done much of artistic merit since The River (notable exception: The Ghost Of Tom Joad), but it's pretty hard to overrated vintage Springsteen. Let's say that his first five albums are still great, and that all his other work is overrated. He did try to change the sound around on The Rising and Devils & Dust; unfortunately, the songs were crap. Magic, on the other hand, tries so hard to be a classic ESB record that it's a pure dud. The drum fills are too predictable, the anthems are by-the numbers...but man, there's no way that Darkness On The Edge Of Town or The River can be overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Who would bump to make room for those guys? and how high would you rank them?
I'd have to put the Beatles at #1, not because they're bad, but because so many people act as if they're the only band that really matters. To me, they're in the same league as CCR or The Doors; they're ok, but I can't get too excited about them and I never feel like playing their records.

Other than that, I really can't "rank" a personal list of "overrated" artists. There are too many variables. I really hate Floyd, Queen, and Zep, but there are enough haters out there that I couldn't put them terribly high (then again, I have yet to meet a single U2 fan; who buys their records?).
WaspStar is offline   Reply With Quote