Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany View Post
Why are Coldplay over rated? I think they're over rated because they just don't take enough risks. I don't know if they're trying to be this great melodic band or if they're trying to do stadium filling anthems. There's nothing to say that they can't do both but they just seem to sit on the fence between both too much.
They're rockier stuff lacks balls and just has no edge to it at all. While they're slower stuff(apart from the Scientist which I love) puts Chris Martins voice to the front and ruins any chance of the songs being half decent. (see Fix You).

They're elevator music at best for me. They're harmless. If they came on the radio I wouldn't necessarily turn them off, but when they're being celebrated as one of the best bands in the world then I take offense to it. lol Then there's the Chris Martin factor. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I've nothing against him personally. It's just his live performance. Seeing him jump up and down at the piano and do the same stage act(hoping across the stage like a kangaroo) tires really quickly. (see bo selecta skit on his dance moves.
YouTube - Bo Selecta - Good Fun With Chris Martin)
The fact he seems to be doing his best to copy Bono in every way annoys me too.
I think you answered yourself quite well. =)

That is why.