Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I'm pretty sure it could be fielded by anyone who's heard a complete album. It's not just the lack of complexity or depth that gives cry to the call "overrated," but the humungous flaws in the rhythm section of their music. Don't get me wrong; Jack White is a great guitarist, a talented lyricist and an overall good songwriter. But Meg White is an embarrassment to music. She isn't simple - she's completely off-beat! She is singlehandedly the worst drummer in music, and one of the most inappropriate drummers ever. Don't believe me? Go listen to Seven Nation Army and listen to the breaks after the verse and pre-chorus. And THAT's supposed to be one of their best songs.

Raconteurs = good. The White Stripes = horribly overrated.
The Raconteurs are nothing more than boring retro classic rock pleasing rubbish. I gave them a chance but I became so bored I stopped bothering.

And why shouldn't Meg White play drums. Did punk rock not teach us anything? I don't want a Neal fucking Peart clone in every band. That rawness and simplicity is what makes the White Stripes work.
Maybe Mo Tucker shouldn't have bothered either.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote