Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #128 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeLittleHobbit View Post
I would say that we have reached a barrier that cannot really be torn down. I would say that Aerosmith were quite prolific in their songwriting skills, ranging from songs like Dream On to Love In An Elevator, but in the end it's all a matter of opinion.... Hello, by the way! =D
In my area (close to Boston) Aerosmith is treated like a god. I personally cannot stand them though (somewhat of a backlash type of thing). Tyler's vocals really get to me and are really annoying, the guitars are unoriginal and dull to me. I really dislike most of their songs, but 'Walk This Way', 'Love in An Elevator', 'Hangman Jury', 'Same Old Song And Dance' are all superb. No matter how much people tell me, I simply cannot like Dream On. I think Tyler's voice is overrated, but their songwriting is really underrated.

EDIT:
Quote:
Have you heard this album? I think his guitar playing on is great (then again, I think Dylan is the greatest vocalist ever, so there you go. I consider a great vocalist to be someone whose singing is emotional, not "technically" good).
Maybe not the best vocalist, but he is amazing. Singers don't need to be technically good, Joe Strummer and George Harrison were great singers.

Last edited by Double X; 07-17-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Double X is offline   Reply With Quote