Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate MB Top 25 Artists Lists
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

The Beatles - My favorite band I'm doing their nomination for MB hof

Led Zeppelin - Never really got into them. I guess it's possible to love them but Plant's voice really irks me. Page's guitar is very good, but never touched me deeply at all.

The Who - Love all of it. Saw a live concert when I was 12

Pink Floyd - Early stuff is my favorite

The Doors - Dislike Morrison, the rest of the band is alright. Organ never sounded good on their songs though.

Jimi Hendrix - I like him a little. A listen from time to time.
Boston - Hard rock with an arena flavor, loud guitars (not just heavy) and pompous vocals that sound like anthems all the time. not really my stuff.

Amon Düül II - Don't listen to German music too much, but I have heard a bit of them. A little experimental stuff.

The Velvet Underground - Great stuff, I got their first 4 albums.

Johnny Cash - Him and Buddy Holly are most of the 50s rock I listen to.

Nirvana - They're alright, don't listen to them too much and are a bit overrated.

Aerosmith - what I said earlier about them

Van Halen - Hard Rock stuff I never really liked

Ravi Shankar - Finally someone who likes Indian music too.

The Black Keys - My friend JUST bought an album at Newbury comics today (I bought 'Barrett' album there)

Coldplay -

The Rolling Stones

Creedence Clearwater Revival -

Allman Brothers Band - Can't relate with them too well, my friend loves em but I can't listen to much of their stuff without being bored (espicially live stuff). Little Martha is alright though. I prefer the Duane Allman songs.

Frank Sinatra - Never heard him.

The Grateful Dead - Barely heard 'em. I guess Casey Jones is okay, but it's not my music.

The Moody Blues - I usually like lush pop, can't listen to these guys though, especially with the over-dubbing

Red Hot Chili Peppers - really don't like 'em.

Steely Dan - can't love them. I can admire their skill, but it gets really dry sometimes. A lot like some of LZ and most of Allman Brothers Band.

Tony Bennett - Never heard him.

I like most of your stuff though.

Most of the stuff at the top I listen to more, most of the stuff at the bottom I listen to less. It's my favorite 25 (most played)

Beatles
Ween
Syd Barrett
George Harrison
Pink Floyd (early stuff and 'Animals')
Cream
Velvet Underground
The Clash
The Who
Ravi Shankar
Beach Boys
The Yardbirds