Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #141 (permalink)
The Monkey
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
An opinion I voiced a very, very long time ago. What's unique about The Beach Boys is that they only became critically acclaimed years and years after they lost their popularity, as if to say, "We know Dennis is dead and Brian is crazy, so we're going to start force-feeding their shit down our readers' throats." They are, to date, one of the worst acts to be compared to the Beatles. Despite the clear lack of musical ability (of any of the Beach Boys) and their pithy songwriting, I am consistently reminded of how high their shitpile rose. To my everlasting dismay, I regularly see articles like "Why Brian Wilson Is So Great" and "Let's Hold Hands and Suck His Cock Together." And it's about fuckin' time someone has the sense to pull these people's inflated heads outta their asses.
The way I see it, they have a few decent songs, such as God Only Knows and Good Vibrations, but holy ****, they don't deserve the credit they're getting.

The Immortals: The First Fifty : Rolling Stone

The Beach Boys above Led Zep and The Who? What is the world coming to?
The Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote