Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #146 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
An opinion I voiced a very, very long time ago. What's unique about The Beach Boys is that they only became critically acclaimed years and years after they lost their popularity, as if to say, "We know Dennis is dead and Brian is crazy, so we're going to start force-feeding their shit down our readers' throats." They are, to date, one of the worst acts to be compared to the Beatles. Despite the clear lack of musical ability (of any of the Beach Boys) and their pithy songwriting, I am consistently reminded of how high their shitpile rose. To my everlasting dismay, I regularly see articles like "Why Brian Wilson Is So Great" and "Let's Hold Hands and Suck His Cock Together." And it's about fuckin' time someone has the sense to pull these people's inflated heads outta their asses.
Oh c'mon now, I agree that Pet Sounds is a bit overrated, but it's still a great album and Brian Wilson was one of the best melodicists around. Not liking them is one thing but calling them talentless is just plain wrong, their vocal harmonies were brilliant and just because Carl Wilson was no Jimmy Page and Dennis was no Bonzo dosen't make them horrible musicians either. Brian Wilson is a favorite songwriter of mine. The post Brian stuff IS pretty horrible though.

If anything, the worst band to consistantly be compared to The Beatles is The Rolling Stones, they haven't done a damn thing as innovative as The Beatles, or The Beach Boys, at at least 30 other bands from the 60s.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote