Music Banter - View Single Post - Tell why you like your favorite genre...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
whogivesaflux
Groupie

Genres/sub genres/etc., it all gets too tedious for my A.D.D. bottom. So I tend to compare what music I like to food. That's what music is to me. It's nutrition for my mind via the ears. Like food it has a thousand varieties, many flavors and a distinct effect.

My favorite basic musical food group is groove oriented beat driven rock. It's gotta groove solid to hold my frequently wavering attention. Music is the only thing, well almost the only thing, that can.

My favorite flavor of music is heavy. Saturated by either darkness or light and purely distinct. It's a main course kind of thing as opposed to an hors d'oeuvre or appetizer like tease. It's both an overall tone and a texture with undeniable heart.

My favorite musical seasonings work in precise reaction to my mind's needs and character. They bring out as much flavor in me as they do the musical foods they are serving to flavor. They are like the emotions invoked in me by the artist's expression within their music. These might be fear, happiness, anger, victory or lust. They are emotional drivers. Motives.

My favorite side dishes and accompaniments are electronically sequenced preparations. The servings consisting of energetic hybridizations of heavy flavored rock. Whereas untold & mangled synthesis may abound, the axe, which for me constitutes rock music's primary body of integrity, is never abandoned.

For me, there is no substitute for a good musical meal or my mind's musically filled belly. ;-)
whogivesaflux is offline   Reply With Quote