Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery
Thread: Slavery
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

I don't agree with racism, but in some respects, I understand it. Over here in Birmingham there is quite a big underlying 'race war' because we are such a multi-cultural society with differing opinions etc, but it's not just white people who are to blame. It truly is a case of the authorities making a set of rules for one, and then making a different set for another.

For example, a few months back there was an event going on at a mosque near the town centre. The people attending the event were obstructing traffic and cars were parked alongside a main road, which was completely illegal. There were even cars parked on a roundabout that was in the centre of a junction.

My mom's friend was annoyed by this because it took her hours to get home from work because of it, so out of anger she phoned the police station when she got back to complain about it. She rightly said to the woman on the other end of the phone that the cars illegally parked by the mosque were causing an obstruction and creating massive delays. The womans response was 'oh yeah, it's diwali isn't it?' and no further action was taken.

My point is, had this been an event at a church, action would have been taken instantly. It just seems like, to me at least, the authorities will not pipe up against racial minorities because everyone is far too quick to cry racism. This isn't necessarily the problem of the racial minorities, it simply is just the goverment being completely lenient with them.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote