Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 05:08 AM   #194 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
If you don't think partisan allegiance is the driving force behind modern politics then you fail greatly to understand the basics of the system. Only by catering to your constituency and the mainliners in your party can you get the nomination.

Obama was an exciting, independent and logical thinking senator on the rise 2 years ago, he could boast having no connections to any lobbyist organizations and was outspoken against lobbyist politics. Now he has selected Joe Biden as his running mate, why because the polls suggest his major flaws are inexperience and peoples lack of comfort with his religious background.

You can look at it as cynical and it is, but the crux of my argument is based in fact and logic not in emotion or bitterness.

I don't know if there's even much of an ideaological difference! Obama (and Gore, and Clinton, and Dukasis, etc. before him) continue to move towards the center as election day approaches. But I pretty much agree with you: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!