Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #416 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Ever heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover"? And besides that, why the hell should surreal/fantasy-themed album covers be limited to prog bands? "Relationship Of Command" by At The Drive-In is a hell of a lot closer to being the lyrical equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting than anything I've heard by Genesis, but ATD-I were a punk rock band so I guess their album covers should've all just been pencil drawings of teenagers with mohawks, right?

A punk or indie band that's into Roger Dean, perhaps? Christ, not every punk band is the ****ing Exploited, not every metal band is Manowar.
Well sadly this is probably as close to a fair un-trollish rebuttal I'll ever get from you.

I really think cover art should reflect the music and not the lyrics, and At The Drive In sure as bloody hell don't SOUND like Dali. And no you're wrong, people shouldn't be careless about their cover art, presentation is very damn important and you don't want to make something that is misleading to your audience. That's my own personal philosophy, if you don't like it thats fine, but I'm not taking unwarranted insults for sh*t like that, so stop being unnecessarly aggressive or I'm giving you an infraction.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote