Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #423 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Well that's open to interpretation, is it not?

When did I say bands should be careless about their cover art? Of course they should care, but one thing they sure as hell shouldn't do is play up to the clichés of whatever genre they may be considered a part of. You're acting like Nick Drake was being deceitful for having surreal cover art or something. So what? Maybe he felt it was a surreal album. Maybe he just liked the image even though it had nothing to do with the music. I don't really see why it matters.
So if I'm in a nazi punk band it should be ok if I want to post a Claude Monet painting I really like? Even if it's a disgustingly inappropiate album cover? Talk about self indulgence.

I'm a big fan of album cover artists like Dean and Thurgison. I think album covers should be taken seriously as an extention of the music on the album, as well as being a presentation. It should not be misleading or some dumb joke, thats insulting to me as a musicgoer.

Quote:
He chose that cover art for some reason or another, and if you were such a moron as to assume that it was a prog rock album because of that cover art, it's your problem.
That was a scenario I described, didn't actually happen, being a Yes and Steve Howe fan I know damn well who Asia is and I sure as hell know better than to buy an Asia album.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote