Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #493 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

You know, if I can imagine anyone who REALLY hates Phil Collins, it would be Peter Gabriel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

67 : Great Artists From The 60s And 70s Making Terrible Records In The 80s

I actually have a theory about this.
I think around 1977 after having all credibility and relevancy stripped away from them by the arrival of punk most of these old farts retreated to their country mansions into a drug induced coma that lasted for about 6 years. When they came out of them the whole music scene was an entirely different kettle of fish and with punk & new wave out of the way they all went out and bought big shouldered pastel coloured suits , rolled up the sleeves , got their hair permed and highlighted and set about showing the world that they could compete with these young whippersnappers like The Smiths & The Cure and whatever pop fad was happening at the time , with hilarious consequences.

Of course one group of men excelled at sucking in the 80s , and that was the prog rockers. Somewhere along the way these bands suddenly decided that they were bored of harp solos , 45 minute epics about elves and playing to arenas full of bearded virgins and decided what they really wanted was some pussy at their gigs. and what better way to attract pussy to your gigs by making radio friendly rock anthems & ballads , so they did. You can't really blame them because it worked. It caused their fan base to choke but nobody really cares what they think. After being gobbed to oblivion by punk what better way to announce your still around than to have girls shaking their titties in your music videos.

The 80s , we'll never see it's like again ... thank God.
Well, King Crimson, Camel and Rush are some of the exceptions, they had some excellent 80s stuff, I wont deny that Yes pretty much sold out in the 80s, but at least their first two albums of that decade were decent, then they made one of the stupidest pop songs of all time with Big Generator.

Jethro Tull and Moody Blues in the 80s however, well I'm not even f*cking gonna talk about that.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote