Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey look, I can be trendy and have a tops thread: The Unfan's top 100 albums of 2007
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

So, I've ignored this a bit. Going to do 2 to try and catch up to speed.

91. Sgt. Sunshine - Black Hole

Sgt. Sunshine play throwback psychedelic rock with hints of kraut all over it. Sometimes spacey, sometimes bluesy, always well written. Every song on this album is like a trip back into my nonexistent past where I was a rebellious stoner youth. If you're a fan of kraut, stoner, or psychedelic rock than there is certainly something in this album for you.

90. Grendel - Harsh Generation
EBM with a unique hint of trance and the occasional harsh industrial beat. Dancey with enough variation that the redundant beats don't grow old over the course of the album. The trance elements are used lightly so they don't immediately jump out but rather allows the EBM elements to break down and build up around it which allows for smooth tempo changes, while the industrial thuds are more so overlaid to make certain songs sound more aggressive and harsh. I don't think the average MB user would enjoy it, but try it anyway.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote