Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #544 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

57 : Gene Simmons

Where the hell do I start here.

It would be too easy to put Kiss in here but I don't want to. For a start I quite like a few of their albums. Secondly I don't think Paul Stanley deserves to be anywhere near this list. I've never heard anything about his private life , he still goes around with his own band playing club shows , which to me shows he still has a huge enjoyment from playing music and personally I think he carries himself in a pretty dignified way for someone who's as big a rock star as he is.

And then we have Gene Simmons

As someone who started off liking Kiss I found that the more I found out what this man was like the more I hated him. Now i'm not one of these people with an indie holier than thou attitude who'll deride any band for making something thats quite obviously commercial. If you set out to do that and make a success of it then well done , even more well done if you do that and make something that I can enjoy.
But Simmons just seems to get greedier & greedier. When someone says that some of the stuff you do to make money drags the bands name through the dirt you could pass it off unwanted criticism from a 'hater' , when another member of Kiss saying that it's probably safe to say that you are.
Never mind Gene , you just keep on replacing Ace's & Peter's , having your spoilt brats in a TV show, wearing that stupid wig you've been wearing since the early 80s and making really shit Prodigy covers while dressed as a pimp in a pathetic attempt to gain credibility, you won't get a single penny out of me. You might be the image of Kiss , but you were never the talent behind it , not that you care anyway.

Recommended Veiwing : The Gene Simmons sex tape , where the girl he's with flat out refuses to kiss him

Oh and the licence holder for this sex tape ... A certain Mr G Simmons.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote