Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #651 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

To me one of the most appalling so called reunions ever was The Smashing Pumplins, talk about pointless. "Ok guys, I'm getting my band back together, only I'm not, Iha and D'arcy can go f*ck themselves it's just gonna be me and the drummer, the exact same lineup from my solo album." So if Corgan and Chamberlin is enough to count as a "reunion" then why wasn't his sh*tty solo album also a Pumpkins album? What kind of reunion is that? You can't have a f*cking reunion all by your f*cking self, thats like if Morrissey said "hey, I'm reuniting The Smiths" but the reunited band just consisted of him and no one else. What a bunch of bullsh*t, and what an incredibly desperate attempt at getting attention. I love the Pumpkins, when I heard about them reunion thats what I f*cking expected, the f*cking Smashing Pumpkins, all those idiot fanboys who said Corgan was the band anyway can screw themselves, so he played most of Siamese Dream, well thats a lame reason, D'arcy and Iha was involved with everything else, they were members of the f*cking band for as long as the band was ever relevant. Even if Corgan WAS the Pumpkins then thats even less of a reason to have a reunion if the "band" didn't even f*cking break up in the first place. What a big "f*ck you" to the fans, as well as the logic of what counts as a band reunion, Corgan can go f*ck himself, or should I say f*ck themselves? Assh*le.
Well i actually loved Zeitgeist. Doomsday Clock, and Tarantula being added to some of my favorite Pumpkins songs list. Yes Billy Corgan is a DBAG. There is no debating that, he is a self centered **** set on trying to be a rock star. But you said that he played most (pretty much all) of Siamese Dream and that a lame reason. Well i think by far that album is there best. Actually one of my favorite albums of all time. Yes Iha is a very talented guitar player and was much of the reason the pumpkins had the success they did, but Corgan (as much as i dislike him) really is what the Smashing Pumpkins are. wouldnt consider my self an idiot fan boy either, i just think he makes great music, and the highlight of the Pumpkins imo is when Cogan does most of the work.

edit: And aside from that, isnt ACDC having another album come out?
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote