Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential and Best Manchester Band
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #87 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
What's wrong with Jackhammer not liking Waterfall?

He's never been a fan of jangly indie pop. That doesn't make him a fool , that just means he doesn't like jangly indie pop.

And you'll have a difficult job playing people off against each other when your spouting your rubbish in the same thread.

so you do have some spunk in you young urban!
ahhhhhh haaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
Dear Kettle,

You're black.

Sincerely,
The Pot

They and Blur popularized Britpop, certainly. But they weren't particularly innovative or all that great.

I think their first two albums are quite good, enjoyable to listen to. They are far, far, far from the best albums produced in that era.

Well done.

They didn't create Britpop. That's how come. Suede and Teenage Fanclub created Britpop, if anyone. You can include the Roses, if you count the Madchester scene. Blur and Oasis made it mainstream (despite being significantly worse bands).
teenage fanclub are okay but you will lose credibilty on this forum if you really think that about them.
were they manc bands?
Britpop was blur oasis.
Credibilty like mine comes from sustained beliefs and well constructed arguements that stay the same.
Not saying whatever seems right at each juncture.
Teenage fanclub are not without their charm.
But you could say Ride were part of it or loads of other bands around at the time even the manics.
but we all know the real fuel of britpop.
still you do make some good points.
I enjoy disecting your arguements alot.
But your views on oasis been nothing is very how can I say, here and now as they are still going.
In a few years you'll be loving them.
I love the roses the smiths and oasis and the mondays.
But influential on the manc scene of the early nineties I would say it was actually ryders mondays because they put manchester on the music map properly.
I would say influential to media is mondays.
Influential to music and other bands oasis.
keep up the debate and remember I am only joking man. But my points about bands I really believe.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote