Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #662 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

I hate Tommy. This is the album:

01. Boring pretentious instrumental
02. Wicked stupid lyrics that distract from music
03. Boring
04. Nope
05. The first good song on the album
06. This song is awful, the words are really stupid
07. As if "Overture" wasnt boring/long enough
08. Another one of those stupid tracks that just repeats one or two lines that has no musical merit but was included to solidify the 'concept' rather than contribute to the record in a musically appealing way.
09. Do we really need to hear "Fiddle About" repeated 30 times in one song? You're ****ing creepy Pete Townsend.
10. Hmmm, the guy who is funding (I think, he had something huge to do with the album being released, I know that) likes pinball, so Townsend does one of the most disgusting acts in rock n roll history and basically writes a sort of 'product placement' song. Townsends nose has been chocolate brown ever since, and 40 years later I still have to hear "pinball wizard" on classic rock radio repeated 50 times in one day, followed by some 20 something college stoner who listened to eminem in 10th grade asking me, "How can you not like this song?!?!" Kill me.
11. See #8
12. As if the concept wasnt getting ridiculous enough
13. No, Tommy cant ****ing hear you, hes deaf.
14. Im so sick of this record.
15. Boooorriiiinnggg
16. See #15 -
17. Nope. Sucks.
18. I'm Free is the second good song on this record.
19. I dont even remember this one, which says alot, Ive owned this album since I was 16.
20. Ooohhh a holiday camp for children! Townsend must be creaming his shorts!
21. We're not gonna take it is the 3rd good song on this album.

I agree wholeheartedly about "The Who Sell Out" being better. Its the fact that, not only are the songs not-boring, but the concept doesnt interfere with the music. The commercials are short enough that I dont have to skip them, and theyre supposed to be funny commercials anyway, which is ENTERTAINING unlike Tommy. 3 good songs, thats the only reason I keep it around, but they do not make up for that atrocious record. I hate Quadrophenia too. Thank God 'Who's next' came out instead of 'Lifehouse', thats all I have to say.
Brad Stengel is offline   Reply With Quote