Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery
Thread: Slavery
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #91 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
Hatred comes from fear. Fear creates irrational thinking.
This sounds like a line from Donnie Darko. Hatred DOES NOT come from fear. I hate brussel sprouts but I am in no way AFRAID of them. I hate having to use condoms, but I'm not AFRAID of using condoms. See a pattern emerging?

Quote:
Why hate a group of people?
Maybe they are not your type and you are not their type.
Why not? If you have a legitimate reason then there is no problem with that IMHO.

Example: If you discriminate against a black person b/c he is black then you are a closed-minded racist. If you discriminate against a black person b/c he is an obnoxious a**hole then you have done nothing wrong. If the majority of them that you have ever met have acted that way then it only behooves you to assume that the rest will as well.

Quote:
Lets face it, racist people don't live this way, they are proactive in discrimination which leads to problems for others and a snowball effect.
How is it a snowball effect? Do you even realize what that metaphor means?

Quote:
I don't care much for wrestling for example as I feel it is a simpleton pursuit but then on the other hand I wouldn't hold that against anyone as we are all entitled to be what we are.
That's very nice of you, but you COULD. That's the joy of free thought. If you want to hate me b/c we have different interests then you are fully within your right to do so.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote