Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #741 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe Kai View Post
You're just a closed minded twat
If i'd not listened to any of it and reach that assumption then yes I would be a closed minded twat for thinking that. However I lived through the grunge era and listened to dozens of grunge albums with an open mind , and this the conclusion I have reached because of that.

Quote:
The alternative thing was a great thing in music, because it told bands that they could be heard too!
Alternative to what? Mainstream rock on major record labels ? I already covered that in the original post go read it again. I can assure you that being someone who does actually listen to music on small labels both then and now that a lot of them were taken over by the big four major labels in the 90s meaning that those 4 labels had a even bigger monopoly on the music industry and getting heard while being on a small label became even more difficult. So please explain how this is a good thing.

Quote:
And post-grunge bands are STILL in the mainstream, influencing more people.
Name 10 and tell me who they are influencing

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote