Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles - Abbey Road (1969)
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Definately my favorite Beatles album. Its funny, of all songs it was "octopus' Garden" (which is one of my favorites despite the **** it gets-just a great pop song) that made me go out and buy it in 10th grade.

"Shes So Heavy" might actually be my favorite. I love how the tension builds up with the white noise in the background, when all of a sudden-silence. Its one of the most brilliant songs they ever did, and also the last song they ever recorded.

As far as the novelty songs-it comes down to the Beatles being a pop band in the end. Every one of their albums has them (mostly due to McCartney) and I dont think they detract at all, rather it proves the Beatles didnt take themselves as seriously as some other pretentious 60's bands, which is definately a strength. I think what makes the Beatles great is the variety, None of their albums are full of solely "Hey Jude/A Day In The Life's", they mix it up, and it betters them. Id give Abbey Road a 10/10, its one of my 10 favorite records ever.

If only I had it mailed to me when I came of age.