Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #846 (permalink)
Zombeels
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

34 : People Who Expect You To Listen To A Bands Entire Discography To 'Get Them' Before You Dare Criticise Them

Obviously the worst people in the entire world for doing this are Tool fans , as if sitting though one album of chugging riffs & mumbling vocals isn't bad enough they expect you to do it to all of them before you dare say a word against them. And even if you do that and don't like them it's because you 'don't get' the concepts.
Well did listen to a couple , I did get the concepts , I just didn't find them or the music particularly interesting or engaging . I mean it's there in black & white what's not to get about it , we're hardly talking about something on the level of a James Joyce novel here.

Radiohead fans are pretty bad for this too but at least most of them are willing to admit Pablo Honey is shit.
Yeah...you basically did the same to me when I said I disliked The Smiths and Joy division. Go figure.