Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:46 AM   #102 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

80: Mindless Nintendo fanboys who hate on Sega despite knowing jack sh*t about Sega

Quote:
ATTENTION ALL SONIC FANBOYS/GIRLS

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE INFOMATION IN THIS. DON'T ****ING COMMENT!!!!!

Back in the day of gaming...their was one system to have, and one system to have only....Nintendo.

Then up pop Sega to challenge that thought, thus began the first Video Game war.

Nintendo used their all star cast of characters like Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Donkey Kong to sell their machines, with tried and tested gameplay, and usualy had better versions of games.... From the NES all the way to the N64, Nintendo were not to be ****ed with,

Sega on the other hand were more interested with gimics and slogans to get people interested, Just to name a few of these corny ads "It takes Ages to get Sega" and the most famous one "Genesis does what Nintendon't!!", when the adds weren't convicing people, Sega decided to find a Mascot, they made a series of average games to find a Macot..until settling on the idea of a Blue Hedgehog in red running shoes....called Sonic.

The rivalry really heated up with Sonic's games selling machines faster than Mario was for Nintendo...but right there began the problem..... Sonic was the only decent game on Sega's machines, while Nintendo had a handful of awesome games, Sega had 1 success....and they milked it.

By the time Playstation showed up....the damage was done, Sega kept on pumping out adverts, bashing the competition and so many add-ons to the Mega Drive/Genesis that it was incurible, plus the Saturn never really got off the ground....

so the question is allways asked....who killed Sega?

was it Sony??, or was it Nintendo???

I say... Sega killed themselves, they were so obsessed with their image and being better than Nintendo, they basically did a "WCW"... they worried about the competition when they should have focused on their games, no addons, no stupid company bashing slogans, no ****ing gimics, just make good games....

so in the end.... we all said those 2 legendary words to Sega and their dead from the start Saturn....

Game Over.
Actual f*cking quote.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote