Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #1025 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

19 : Earth Song

I dislike a lot of songs for a lot of different reasons.

They might to too pompous , too overblown , too preachy , too much of the artists ego , too sappy , bland , over produced , annoying , pretentious , distasteful or many other different reasons.

I can honestly say Earth Song is the only song I have ever heard that I hate for ALL of those reasons , and probably a lot more too.
This isn't an anti-Jackson thing , I think he's made some worthy tunes. But only someone surrounded by yes men in his little bubble for so long could even begin to make something as egotistical as this rubbish. I don't think how ever hard anyone else tries they'll never release an abomination of a song like this. The whole subject matter and the way it's written about just makes me want to throw up. And thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you Jarvis Cocker for showing the sheer ridiculousness and tastelessness of this ego fuelled dirge at the Brit awards and turning the whole performance into the bad joke it was.
To me this is the worst song ever written in my lifetime and I hope I never have to hear something that even begins to approach how awful this song is again.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote