Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #1042 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida View Post
#1: People who think they are superior because they listen to underground indie bands and think they know what you should listen to. "dark side of the moon is your favirote album? you homo that album sold alot of copies"
Yeah, I hate when people hate on people whose favirote album is "Dark Side"

Wait, or maybe that album was pretty good until I had to hear it 24/7 between classic rock radio and stoner college kids who are completely okay with listening to the same 15 bands and 30 albums the rest of their life. Maybe, just maybe, because of that I have no reason to listen to it anymore and have found better records, the majority of which are created independently as the state of mainstream music has been criminally sad since the Beatles broke up. And maybe I really dont care how many 'copies' were sold since I still enjoy albums the Beatles, Beach Boys, and other bands who have sold 'alot of copies' yet aren't shoved in my face (personally dark side has been pushed around me FAR more than any beatles album) constantly, and even if they were, most of those albums would take much longer to sound stale to me due to the higher quality of the music.

Maybe...