Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #1145 (permalink)
Zombeels
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

93 : CLASSIC ROCK BORES

I don't hate classic rock. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I did. How can I when I listen to bands like Sabbath , Aerosmith , Alice Cooper , Deep Purple and others on a regular basis.

However

There are a certain bunch of people who seem to think music died in 1990s. That nothing since can even touch what was around in the 70s. The sort of people who consider Guns & Roses and Nirvana the last 'good bands' to come out.

I mean how depressing must it be if you are a fan of music and your list of favourite albums looks like this

1. Pet Sounds
2. Sgt Pepper
3. Dark Side Of The Moon
4. IV
5. Tommy

I'm in my 30s , so is Jackhammer , so is R-T we're always looking for new things to enjoy. I might be more cynical and harder to impress than when I was when I was 20/21 but the enthusiasm is there. There's just no excuse for not making any effort to look if you consider yourself a fan of music.
I'm 45 and grew up on classic rock. I totally agree with this as I belong to several classic rock forums where a lot of the members will only hear the latest album by Deep Purple or Rush and complain there's nothing good out today. They are trapped in some sort of time warp.