Music Banter - View Single Post - Right-Track the Guys on a POWER TRIP !!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #189 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrenza View Post
i really can't say much

threads like this one sort of scare me because i'm afraid that if you knew my favs and what i honestly think about some of these other bands
you'd jump/flame/hate-on me
and because i really don't have a lot of experience with all these different kinds of music
i'm left without a leg to stand on in any debate or discussion

each of us has a right to like what we like
and to feel the way we feel about, well, everything

you could give these newbies a break
they are new here

why don't you just explain how to use the forums?
You missed what caused this. RockGuitar101 is just a spammer trying to promote his crappy CD on here. His blog is just badly photoshopped pictures of himself in front of crowds and famous things. He has reviews on his CD from people who don't exist, and he's been spamming up the MusicBanter for a while now with advice that in most cases is unhelpful, or just flat out wrong and potentially damaging. I make no apologies for my arrogance when I say that between the two of us, Me and Mr. Dave probably have the best overall knowledge of guitars and guitar building on these forums by some margin. Despite that he actually corrected our advice and gave incorrect advice in its place. When I corrected his errors in a subsequent post he accused me of trying to convey misleading information and started calling up lists of vague unattributable qualifications.

In the end I had to dissect every seperate part of his posts and give concise explanations of how and why he was wrong. After I did that he has not returned to that thread but HAS started this one to bitch about the way we don't like his attempts at spamming.

----------------
Now playing: Ayumi Hamasaki - Depend on you [Dub's Electro Remix]
via FoxyTunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 10-02-2008 at 08:07 PM.