Music Banter - View Single Post - Right-Track the Guys on a POWER TRIP !!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #214 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGuitar101 View Post
Go on Yahoo and type in ( Linkdomain:jordanriversguitarforum.blogspot.com and you'll pull up near 385 links posted to that site.And the site is used as a place for people to find me, it's really not a sales site but more of a place for people to go and find music info.
My biggest sales come from Press-release's......and getting press-release's ranked very high in only 2 hours time. That's works better than web sites every time.
So working press-release's and mass emails is far better than a web site for selling.
But understand I don't work that site much, and the reason is, amazon.com , itunes,sony,napster,emusic,Rhapsody and other companies sell my music online. I also sell in real life stores.And during concerts.
Another thing, do some research and you'll find millions of people online posting about my music, but you need to do some research, because I am in a lot of area's, more than just guitar,rock, blues, jazz,keyboards, gospel,churches, and how to make money selling music and marketing it online,music fan clubs ect.........the list goes on and on, I don't think you scratched the surface yet do you?

Now I answered as many questions today as I have time for.
I can't waste any more time here today.

I have a concert at a fair to do tomorrow so I'll be back in a day or so
C ya all, GW

P.S. Also this CD started selling on June 28th this year, it's newer.
The trick to selling a CD online is to sell it for 5 years.
After 3 years the money really starts to build up and sales become amazing in size and numbers.
Last year I went by the name Jordan Rivers
I just did exactly that and it gave me 74 inbound links, of which, once again the vast majority were inbound from comments pages on other blogs and news aggregation sites.

Also, for someone who doesn't work that site much, why do you care about how many hits it gets enough to count them and put links to it everywhere you can?

----------------
Now playing: Jerry Cantrell - Bargain Basement Howard Hughes
via FoxyTunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!