Music Banter - View Single Post - An American Carol
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
On the grounds that it is a political philosophy that involves ideals that are largely left-wing.
thats one of the most unfounded arguments I've ever heard. Never in all of my political altercations have I ever encountered anything close to this.

What about no government support is left wing? the liberals tend to want social support nets, nationalized health care, their the PC police when it comes to language and speaking, they tax the holy **** out of anyone and everything, and you're suggesting as we move closer and closer to bigger and better we will eventually achieve...nothing?

In the only probable way this would be possible, government may get so big it ultimatly collapses, but it would be foolish to suggest this is the aim of the left-wing of the american political system.

Mean while, the republicans continue to push for less government intervention, even in the economic crisis House Republicans want market forces to sort this out, they want to remove "government schools", they loathe unions, welfare and federal spending. They don't even want public libraries. The only reason libertarians aren't anarchists is becuase they believe there should be taxes taken for national defense and to support they very fringes of the federal government, i.e. the SJC, Execuitve and Congress. No programs, no federal prisons, no IMF, no nothing...

and this isn't closer to anarchy?

not to mention by the way, anarchy is an absense, not a philosophy. You can't think the best government is no government, you can't rank it. its like picking the best hockey player on a team that doesn't exist, or the best milk producer when there aren't cows, or even a farm.

if you're walking through the bad lands, you can't say this is how government should function. Nothigns functioning.