Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #1197 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

13 : The Saddest Sentence In Music

You want to know what it is?

You sure?

Here it comes

" I don't really like ***Insert Band Here*** but you can't deny their talent and how good they are technically "

Fuck that

Yes I can

The whole point of releasing music is to get people to listen to it. You notice there I said 'release' as opposed to 'make'. If every song you release is just a vehicle to show off your instrument noodling then do I fuck need to give you any credit for that. Doing that in my eyes makes you well practised , not talented.

Talent requires putting that aural masturbation you have endlessly practised into a piece of art where it can be appreciated. What's the point in having impressive solos if everything else surrounding it is a total crock of shit full of cliche after cliche?
If your writing songs with generic song titles and lyrics with absolutely nothing of interest to say about anything , and then putting 10 minutes of guitar wanking in the middle of it it's probably fair to say that maybe you should put the guitar down and try practising something else. Going out & getting some life experience would be a help rather than shutting yourself away endlessly practising your technique would be a start.

If you want to make shit like this keep it in your bedroom and don't expect me to be impressed.
this should have been #1, and i don't even know what #1 is yet

dac is offline   Reply With Quote