Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #1265 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
6 : The "You Can't Say That About That, It's A Classic" Brigade[/SIZE
Now I probably hear stuff like Led Zeppelin , Queen , The Eagles , Guns n Roses , U2 or Coldplay much much more than some of the stuff I choose to listen to. If your in a workplace with a radio on you can't avoid this stuff so why the hell shouldn't I be allowed to moan about it once in a while?
I don't dislike Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody or Hotel California or Where The Streets Have No Name or Another Brick In The Wall to appear cool or hip or edgy or to make my own taste in music look superior. I dislike them because i'm bored of hearing them and i'm bored of being told how great they are. I mean i've had to put up with some of this stuff since fucking childhood so can you blame me for wanting to cause bodily harm to anyone playing them. I mean how many fucking times do you need to hear them.

And when someone replied to me 'You can't say that it's a classic'
Just hold me back or have an ambulance standing by.
Honestly, I hated all that stuff from the start; overplaying it just makes it worse.

I was somewhat disappointed by this entry; I expected an anti-Beatles fan rant.