Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #264 (permalink)
Davey Moore
The Great Disappearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
16. The Doors - Turns out were not all poets are we Jim?
Agreed.

Quote:
13. John Lennon(post-Beatles) - Whatever, the music sucked.
Actually his post Beatles music is quite good.

Quote:
12. Eminem - Why do good things happen to bad people
11. Kanye West - I'm sure he's upset he's not the winner.
I like both of these guys.

Quote:
10. The Rolling Stones - They have no right being included in the same sentence as the Beatles, Zeppelin and the Who, combined they never produced half the crap music the Stones have.
I thought so too, but then I heard Exile on Main St. One of the greatest ****ing albums ever. Also, to be honest, Zeppelin doesn't deserve to be included in the same sentence as The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones. I love Led Zeppelin but in terms of songwriting, The former three piss all over them.

Quote:
9. Nirvana - Not a PC thing to say, but if Cobain doesn't pull the plug they are remembered like Alice in Chains or Soundgarden at best.
Agreed even though I really like them.

Quote:
3. Bruce Springsteen - I don't care what you say I've meet anyone who liked The Boss that wasn't borderline retarded or an @$$hole. This guy sucks.
Actually Bruce saved Rock and Roll from disco.

Quote:
2. U2 - They should be number one, I don't know one person who doesn't loathe them yet they are one of the biggest acts in the world. They top 75% of the online lists, they are constantly mentioned here as over rated. I only keep them at number two because of an incredible argument I heard against my actual title winner,
The Joshua Tree is a beautiful album.

I would add:

Syd Barrett
Sublime

Also I'm adding Lil Wayne. I'm tired about hearing how great you are at various things please shut the **** up.

Last edited by Davey Moore; 10-14-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Davey Moore is offline   Reply With Quote