Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #1284 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
And your last line about radio is complete bull****. The radio plays some pretty great music. For example on my way home from school class today Red House by Jimmi came on, followed by a Cocaine by Clapton. Now if you would take the time to turn the dial and not just judge based on your big city top 40 station you would realize how stupid you are acting. Not to mention the plethora of college radio stations, classical stations, alternative music stations. There is a lot on AM and FM that is completely worth listening to.
I know where you live, so I know you're lying.

I haven't listened to Pittsburgh's radio in years, more or less since I got my iPod, but I had for the longest time, and it wasn't pretty. I grew up listening to WXDX and WDVE, and both just spouted derivative crap (I can't get them where I live now). The deejays are TERRIBLE (Alan Cox was the last good one, and he got fired because of some prick I know), and the closest thing we have to "alternative radio" is Bob FM (96.9). I catch myself listening to NPR on occasion over the weekends to try to pick up some jazz, but apart from that, I haven't discovered shit through our radio.