Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #1310 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I haven't listened to Pittsburgh's radio in years, more or less since I got my iPod, but I had for the longest time, and it wasn't pretty. I grew up listening to WXDX and WDVE, and both just spouted derivative crap (I can't get them where I live now). The deejays are TERRIBLE (Alan Cox was the last good one, and he got fired because of some prick I know), and the closest thing we have to "alternative radio" is Bob FM (96.9). I catch myself listening to NPR on occasion over the weekends to try to pick up some jazz, but apart from that, I haven't discovered shit through our radio.
Truer words were never spoken. Everyone raves about Bob FM, but even that is pretty tame and predictible.

And Urban, though I hate Bono as a musician, I do think he has the right idea. No, people shouldn't blindly listen to him just because he's a rock star, but he's using his celebrity to publicize worthy causes (and to highlight injustices), and how can that be bad?