Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #1453 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
If you look at how I originally defined mediocre I didn't define it as 'Bad' I defined it as something that doesn't move me enough to reach a decision on whether it's good or bad.

And that's exactly how I feel about In Rainbows. It's nothing i've not heard Radiohead do already and to be honest I found it boring. For the past 2 albums I feel radiohead have found a sound & they're sticking to it. Thom Yorke's solo album had pretty much the same sound too. I've heard them do the same thing 3 times now and it's getting boring. And for a band that was known for being one of the most progressive rock bands of the last decade or so that's a concern.

Sorry Radiohead fanboys , In Rainbows bored me.
Isn't this how most bands do it.

Don't worry I can see how this will turn out. A band member will die and "the real radiohead" will die with him. They'll replace him over the course of 4 or 5 albums with a couple different people that won't work. They'll wade through mediocre until they finally make the real ****-bomb. The one that sends a few of them to rehab, then their going to have fan backlash until they make something that resembles OK Computer because they brought on a producer thats bigger than they are.

Or maybe they'll become U2.