Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #1467 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Fuck it.................

101 : People Who Think Cheesy 90s Dance Songs Are 'Classics'

You might think that the UK in the mid 90s was an era where the likes of Blur , Suede , Pulp , Radiohead & Oasis ruled the place. You'd be right to a certain extent but while most of the people I knew around that time did like those bands they preferred this crap a hell of a lot more.

I still know people who think that stuff like Insomnia by Faithless , Children by Robert Miles and You Are Not Alone by Olive are classic songs.

I hated them then and I hate them now. the only reason I tolerated them back then was either due to alcohol consumption or because I was trying to get into some girls knickers.

Have you ever listened to a Fatboy Slim album in the cold harsh light of 2008. My God it's depressing. I found myself wondering what drugs I was taking in 1998 to even consider buying such crap. Let's just say his material has not aged well at all. I see they're still making those shitty Ibiza compilations which surprised me. I thought that type of dance music died about 7 years ago. I thought most dance music these days were just a load of daft punk clones. Not particually original but a damn sight better then the crap it replaced.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote